Installing fedora 3 on USB2 hard Disk;

I have been trying to install fedora on an external USB2 hard disk but it seems as if Fedora doesn't even see this hard disk at all.
Booting from USB devices is definately enabled in BIOS settings, in fact if I try and install a version of Windows XP, it does recognize it and offers to install on such hard disk.
In fedora, when getting to the stage where I have to choose hard disk to install on, I only get the internal hard disk option.
Is there any work around way of doing this?
I have a Dell Optliplex GX270, Pentium 4 2.25Ghz, 760mb ram, Integrated graphics, C-Media Sound card.

Thanks

Mirco