Installing Fedora 3 on a USB hard disk;

Hello everybody.
As I upgraded my computer to a definately faster Dell Optiplex GX270 I find myself faced with the problem of having no internal room for additional hard drive.
Therefore I had to come up with an alternative to be able to have at present, while waiting for Fedora 4, a dual boot with horrible windows XP.
So I decided to connect my spare hard drive via USB to find that fedora doesn't even remotely see it during installation.
All the BIOS settings are correct and ready for USB boot but fedora still refuses to see it.
Has anyone come up with a solution for this?
Is there a thread in this forum relating to this issue? If yes can anyone send me the link.

Thanks

Mirco