Re: Pilot sync/usb question

Aaron O'Hara wrote:
The issue I had was related to the fact that the dynamically created dev
files (ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1) didn't have sufficient permissions.  When I
had my pilot program open, I pressed HotSync, followed by a chmod 777 of
ttyUSB* and voila, it was working.  Of course, this is a hack.  A long
term, proper, solution could be found in these URLs (provided by Craig
White on this list):

http://webpages.charter.net/decibelshelp/LinuxHelp_UDEVPrimerMisc.html

Not necessary for this but if you want a lot more info on usb/udev
etc...
http://www.reactivated.net/udevrules.php

Hope this helps,

-- Aaron

A better approach IMHO is the one given in the second link http://www.reactivated.net/udevrules.php where there is a list of examples and one of them explains how to configure Palm Devices. This one does not make the device world writable but makes you the owner of it.

Serge