Re: Core dump

Jeff Kinz wrote:
On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 07:07:37AM +0300, regatta wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have the core file size = 0

# ulimit -a
core file size        (blocks, -c) 0

but my users always get a core dump in there home directory (~ 2Gb) from command called swirl (xscreensaver tool) and they always complain that there home is almost full!!!

what's the wrong !!?

Just checked that here and it seems to work properly, ie no core when
ulimit -c set to 0.

Two quick questions:
#1 Is ulimit being for each user when they login? (perhaps in
/etc/profile?) This is just a sanity check t verify that each user's
environment is getting that ulimit setting as well.

#2  What version of FC are you using?

heh, heh, I like it.

But the program should not be core dumping in the first place.  I take it preventing the users from using "swirl" is out of the question for some reason.
--
David Liguori