Re: Comparing 2 Files for differences

hi

> Alexander Apprich wrote:
Mark Sargent wrote:

Alexander Apprich wrote:

Hi Mark,

Mark Sargent wrote:

Hi All,

I just recompiled php for Japanese support. B4 doing this, I backed up php.ini. Is there a fast way, either scripting or with a tool, to compare and print the differences in the old and new php.ini..? Hopefully much better than manually looking for them. Cheers.

use diff for this. The are many different diff programs you can choose
from.

Mark Sargent.

Alex

Hi All,

thanx Alexander. The below is what I got. Does this mean there are no noted differences.? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.

[root@localhost php]# diff -a /usr/local/lib/php.ini /home/coolboarderguy/downloads/php/php.ini.backup
[root@localhost php]#

Yep, seems to me (and diff too) like there are no differences.

Alex

I've found sdiff - standard in FC1,2,3 - very useful.
"locate diff | grep 'ff$' " will produce a rather large selection of diff's

-- good luck

peter