Re: create GUI linux application

Matthew Miller wrote:

btw Sun has blessed someone (IBM I think) that wants to write an OSS implementation of Java.

Well, there's the Apache people's new "Project Harmony". And Sun has said
things like "sure, go out and write an open source version, see if we care",
but I hadn't heard of them blessing anyone -- have you got a reference for
that?

A bit of googling turned up some references to Project Harmony, and include the word "bless," so that's probably it though I've not found the report I read.

I note that Sun thinks it's likely to participate.

Weird:)

--

Cheers
John