Re: sendmail

Shahzad Chohan wrote:
I was wondering if someone could help me figure out an odd behaviour
in sendmail. Basically
I have a lot of messages from example.com with lots of reciepients
some are to us some aren't. When clearing out the mailq for all emails
matching example.com I get errors with can't find dns entries for
foo.com, even though foo.com has nothing to do with us. Is there a
reason why its trying to deliver mail to reciepients that don't belong
to us, even though the original sender of the mail sent the mail to
us?

Most likely the references to foo.com are in the To: or Cc: headers of the email, and that is what sendmail is warning you about. You can see the actual recipients that sendmail is trying to deliver to using "mailq".

Paul.