Re: firefox nad mathml

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 18:44 +0200, Eric Tanguy wrote:
> couls you explain to me what this pango is ?
Pango is the layout and rendering framework of GTK/Gnome, see
http://www.pango.org.
Unfortunately Pango and MathML don't play well together in Mozilla
currently.

> Some test pages are still not well rendered such as :
> http://www.w3.org/Math/testsuite/testsuite/Content/BasicContentElements/lambda/rec-lambda1.xml where the arrow is missing
>
> and
>
> http://www.w3.org/Math/testsuite/testsuite/Content/BasicContentElements/domain/rec-domain1.xml where the complex R is rendered by a simple R.
>
> I found a lot of pages not well rendered.
Mozilla (Gecko) currently does only implement the Presentation part of
MathML, not the Content part. This is however only a minor inconvience
since Content MathML can always be converted to Presentation MathML.
There are even XSL stylesheets that do the conversion on the fly.
If you want to see an extended example using MathML that we have
created, visit our online book at:
http://math.ifi.unizh.ch/book/master.html
Symbols in MathML can even be clicked.
--