Re: ramifications of using a stock kernel?

On 14 May 2005, at 20:01, Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:

Apparently the FC kernels are all hacked/patched by Red Hat. Thus things
like ndiswrapper won't compile against them. I need two things that
require a stock kernel from kernel.org: ndiswrapper, and an unofficial
patch that makes my stupid Dell Inspiron 6000's DVD player use DMA.

Are you using FC3 or FC4T3? In the latter case, make sure you install the kernel-devel package before compiling ndiswrapper.