Re: Mount option hazardous to USB Flash!

On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 19:09 +0100, Chris Jones wrote:
> > 	Put that in:
> >
> > 	/etc/hal/fdi/policy/95-user-storage-policy.fdi

> Are you sure thats correct ? I am running FC3 and don't have
> a /etc/hal/fdi/policy directory. Should I create one ? Will HAL even look
> there if I did ?

> I do have a directory

> /usr/share/hal/fdi/95userpolicy

	Must be a difference between FC3 and FC4.  Technically, you shouldn't
be storing configuration options under /usr, so, maybe, they're moving
it to be more standards compliant.  I did notice that the documentation
on FC4 is wrong compared to what I found on the system but seems to
agree with what you found.  Sounds like a transition situation.

	Yeah, I just looked on one of my FC3 servers and there's no fdi
subdirectory for /etc/hal at all.  Sounds like we just ran smack into a
change in the works for FC4.  Figures...

> where I have placed a file (containing the same entry as your file) called
> usb-key.fdi

> which does the job for me.

> Is this going to get wiped one HAL next gets updated ?

	If you created it as a new file, then most likely not.  And it sounds
like that directory is there for user policies, so it's unlikely to get
hammered by an update.

> Chris

	Mike
--