Re: getting started with mysql

bruce wrote:

hi...

can you tell us if you actually have mysqld running? i know it states that
the service started, but is it actually running?

I don't understand, I thought when you start the mysqld service then mysql is running.

if it is running, do you have any firewall/seliunx/etc running?

Well, SElinux is enabled, I've gone in and ticked: 'Disable SELinux protection for httpd daemon' and 'Disable SELinux protection for mysqld daemon'

what you're seeing has usually indicated that there was some issue regarding
the mysql sockets between the client/server...

Okay, no idea what that means. Any of the above answers help?

Duncan