Keyboard problems on VNC login

Just tried logging in to my FC3 box via VNC - after configuring vncserver, obviously (all I did was change the user name in /etc/sysconfig/vncservers.)

This mostly works, but there is something very wrong with the keyboard input; I'm simply not allowed to type anyting in windows accepting text, and when I press a key, weird things seem to be going on with the focus - like the wm is trying to switch to a different window, or something.

Client is a Mac OS X box - I've tried several different clients, including vncviewer from RealVNC.

Any ideas?

- Toralf