Re: [Fedora] Re: Fwd: RE: Fwd: RE: Re: Ban peter.whalley

Steffen Kluge wrote:

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 11:55 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:

Guess someone has fixed the problem.

I did (for you, anyway). In one of your postings to this thread you
quoted a full sender verification request you received. I clicked the
link contained therein to see what it was about. It turned out to be a
proper sender verification setup. Stupid (IMO) but proper. By clicking
that link I added you to Peter Whalley's whitelist, something you could
have done yourself and saved yourself a lot of annoyance.

Even when I didnt post anything related to this thread , I got that message... It was at least one month ago..

This is all besides the point though. People may choose to use sender
verification schemes, that's their problem. The real question is, why is
he being sent list email when he's supposedly not a subscriber?

According to some previous message about this auto-responder , Warren Togami said that the e-mail peter.whalley at uol dot com dot br wasnt in the memberlist..
So probably some autoforwarder is involved.. The ideal way to check this is asking for the list admin and for the technical staff at redhat to check the bounces for the monthly password reminders... Probably one of those bounces will be the one causing this pain... The best way would involve some hacking on mailman though.. Since the auto-responder only shows the subject , it'd be possible to identify him by making mailman send the monthly password reminders with the username on the subject. This way , when it bounces , the tech staff would know who is peter.whalley..

--
Pedro Macedo