Re: Mysql Server Problem, with a fresh install

CIKALA Frédéric ROSI/SIPROD wrote:
How can i do to avoid "topposting" ? im sorry but i don't know what it means.

It seems your replies are taking some time to reach the list, which may explain why I appear to have ignored them for a while. I guess you've probably already received my reply to your previous post, which gives a reference to top-posting.

I type the command you gave me (rpm --import)and it told me that:

[root@portailDEM ~]# rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/RPM-GPG-KEY*
[root@portailDEM ~]#
Good so but when i retry the yum command, it tells me a strange error:

[root@portailDEM ~]# yum install mysql-server
Setting up Install Process
Setting up Repo:  base
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base
[root@portailDEM ~]#

My server is on a LAN and do not have acess to internet

OK, that's why yum isn't working.

Don't know what to do :(
a) totaly remove the following ?
rpm -qa | grep mysql
mysql-3.23.58-13
libdbi-dbd-mysql-0.6.5-9
mysql-devel-3.23.58-13
b) or only getting the server (and which version/URL) ?

You don't need to remove anything. Just install the mysql-server RPM from your install media (it will be in the Fedora/RPMS directory of your DVD or one of your CDs, not sure which one).

Then do the chkconfig and service commands that I referred to earlier.

Paul.