Re: my log files-is there any problem

> Hello Ankush,
>
> Check /var/log/cron to see what cron job is running. Jobs like sa
> (systat) generally run every 10 minutes as root. So these might be usual.

I have created few scripts also but they run once daily.I will check
the cron log also.

> For the sendmail logs, nothing much to worry as a relaying attempt was
> denied. If this is a public facing server running  sendmail, these
> entries might be pretty common atleast in India.
> But if you are really worried, cheking the actual logs might give more
> insights to the problem

I am using Postfix and this machine is acting as Mail server for my
domain.I have Pix Firewall controlling my domain., so I am not much
worried about it.My main concern is cron logs.

The Postfix is also running as root means all the files in postfix
folder(/etc/postfix) are owned by root ,if i change the ownership of
those files to postfix(user as well as group) will it affect the
performance or working of Postfix.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush  Grover