RE: attack 2

Hi John,

Up till now a strong firewall is not installed. I block only all
incoming ports, with exception of 22, which is directed to the
Linuxserver.
I changed the situation, blocking all ports, changing passwords and just
allowing VPN.

I just wonder what possibilities VPN is giving to the outside world.

I examined my /etc/ssh/sshd_config and foung

#LoginGraceTime 120
#PermitRootLogin yes
#StrictModes yes

#RSAAuthentication yes
#PubkeyAuthentication yes
#AuthorizedKeysFile	.ssh/authorized_keys

# rhosts authentication should not be used
#RhostsAuthentication no
# Don't read the user's ~/.rhosts and ~/.shosts files
#IgnoreRhosts yes

# HostKey for protocol version 1
#HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key
# HostKeys for protocol version 2
#HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key
#HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key

#MaxStartups 10
# no default banner path
#Banner /some/path
#VerifyReverseMapping no

What does it mean?
Can't we use ssh_host_rsa_key such as used by NX-nomachine? Or some
authentication with keys.

What is maxStartups 10?
What is reversemapping?