Re: video card recommendations

Wolfgang Gill wrote:

On Wed, 11 May 2005 20:25:50 -0700, Endymion wrote

Hey all,

I currently have an Aopen geforce fx 5700LE and i recently discovered it to be the culprit of serious system instabilities as well as not being able to handle any opengl applications. It works fine under windows, but not linux. So i need a replacement now and i was wondering what cards other people on the list have (and that are running stablely!). I'm very partial to nvidia cards and especially the twinview feature, which is a necessity for me.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,
-Endy

You haven't mentioned whether you are using the Linux default drivers (nv) or the Nvidia ones (nvidia). The default nv drivers don't do opengl stuff.

You can get the drivers from here..

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux.html

Wolf

Yes, I was using the nvidia drivers.