OT - two perl questions

All;

Can anyone help me with the following:

1) how can I send an email message via an IMAP/Exchange mail server from
inside of a perl script. I have a script that uses Mail::IMAPClient to read
mailbox messages but I cannot figure out how to send a message via the same
mechanism.

2) Anyone know of any perl email lists like this one for perl help ?