OT: Condensing text for postscript printer on RH 7.2?

All -

I know this is the FC list, but the Red Hat 7.x lists are dead and I am hoping that someone here remembers how to do this.

I am running a proprietary application on Red Hat 7.2. I can't change the app or the platform for commercial "support" reasons. I have set up a printer hanging off a Windows XP box running print services for Unix and am sending print jobs to it. The print jobs go just fine, but they are printing 132 characters on an 80 character layout and wrapping text. It makes the reports unusable.

Anyone know how to set up RH 7.2 to condense text? I remember doing it once back when RH 7.x was brand new but I can't remember how I did it. I've been messing with /var/spool/lpd/[queue]/mf.cfg, specifically the mpage settings, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Thomas