Re: Fedora Core brevity vs server upgrades

William Hooper wrote:

Ouch - that is very cache-unfriendly.

It is much, much more mirror friendly, though.

It's hopeless. Mirrors that only serve their country or smaller geographic region are excluded. Such as Planetmirror, Australia's larget, AARNET that serves Australia's education community, WAIX that serves select Western Australian IAPs (those who contribute) along with eqquivalents in other Australian states.

Nothing is stopping you from either using your own mirror list, or not
using a mirror list at all and configuring a single mirror.

While that is so, it's not a good general solution, and a good general solution is what I prefer.

If I fix it as you suggest for me, that helps one user (or the set of users I support). A general solution will work well for everyone; the current setup does not.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait