yum question

When I reinstall the original fedora core 3 speakup operating system on this machine later today, what can I tell yum in what way so yum does not go and update the alsa-project software? The updates on alsa-project software since February 2005 have imposed a completely effective denial of service attack on first multimedia functionality and second g.u.i. accessibility through gnopernicus on this computer.