Re: Gimp printing problem -

akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx írta:
On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 11:56:01AM -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:

I'm running FC3 and Gimp 2.2.4 and can not print from Gimp,
instead of the expected image I get what looks like a set of
text instructions to the printer?

Beginning with:
%!PS-Adobe-3.0

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia

Can you print other postscript documents? Has your printer been configured to deal with postscript documents?

I always had the same problem, both with older GIMP 1.x and LPD and/or CUPS, and newer GIMP 2.x, I tried it on RedHat 7.3, 8.0, 9, FC1, FC2 and FC3.

The only solution I found is to print to .ps file first, view it in GV
and print from there. GIMP produces v3.0 Postscript files, GV converted
it to a more printer- (or printfilter?) friendly v2.0 Postscript file...

The printer(s) I tried were not PS capable (I tried HP Laserjets and
compatibles, DeskJets, a Canon BJC-250, etc), so a printer driver always processed the file first. Same error: direct printing from GIMP was not
successful.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi