Re: makewhatis - out of nowhere

Hi

thanx a lot for the info. i will remove it because is on my laptop and it kills the performance for few minutes and i don't use "apropos" that often on my laptop.

You might want to kill off updatedb too which is used by locate command. its another sucker that kills your system interactiveness when it runs

regards
Rahul