Re: Won't boot to X after install

neidorff wrote:
The system came up to the point of a grey screen with a large mouse
pointer. No desktop loaded.

This sounds suspiciously like you did not install a desktop (KDE, GNOME or another desktop.

Which desktop did you install?

Jim

One added thought. This failure to load the dsktop also happened to me on a development system. I logged into a terminal as root and ran setenforce 0

After running this command, switch back to the GUI and ctl-alt-backspace to restart the login manager and X.

This puts SELinux in permissive mode, like someone posted the correct function of this command. It will still log avc errors in your /var/log/messages file. These can be used to find out why your desktop is failing to start and you only get the grey screen and pointer.

Jim