Re: ethernet not working

I had updated from RH9 to FC3.
Some things, a2ps among them, didn't seem right,
so I decided to do a a from-scratch install using
the same disks I used for the update.
Ethernet no longer works.  /dev/eth0 isn't even
there.  I thought I'd seen a red FAILED message
whiz by with something like ethernet in it.

I'm at a loss.  Even if I find the corresponding
log message, I expect it wouldn't tell me how to fix it.
How-tos rarely tell how to fix something after one thinks
he did it right, but it still doesn't work.
Can anyone point me to one that does?

What ethernet card is it?