OT: Perl, appending to @INC

Hello all,

I just installed kdebindings-perl from an rpm.  The mmodules were installed in a directory that is not in my @INC.  I've been searching for a method of appending to @INC to include the new library path rather than have a use lib in the script.  What I found so far says:

set PERL5LIB to path or
perl -Ipath

The first accomplishes nothing, the second just seems to hang.

Is there another way?  For now I just copied the dcomp stuff to another library that is in @INC

Thanks,

Jeff