Re: HP Deskjet 825C and FC3.

Olle & Susan wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam.
I have FC3 installed on a Sony Vaio RB30. When I try to print from the Gimp it
takes about 8 minutes for a picture to start printing. More often than not I have to unplug the printer from power
before it will start printing. If I hit print it will print one page w/the following:

%! PS-Adobe-3.0
%%Creator: Print plug-in V4.2.7 - 15 Jul 2004 for GIMP/Gimp-Print

Then it will spit out two blank pages. Then just sit there until i cycle power on the printer.
This, as far as I know, is a recent problem on this machine.

Anybody have any suggestions ?
Thank you in advance

Olle

I don't have the link handy but go to the HP site and search for Linux. Follow the links. I think you can also find them off of the linuxprinting.org site.

Install the HP drivers. I found that they worked like a charm for me. Follow the readme as there is a message about changing the settings in Gimp.

--
Robin Laing