Re: USB Printer Setup

Stanley T. Davis wrote:
On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 00:48 -0400, Craig wrote:

I tried the wizard and looked at linuxprinting.org.  The wizard did not
see the usb printer only /dev/lp0 and ptal.  I tried the instructions on
linuxprinting.org and went through the CUPS wizard but I do not know
what usb device the printer is attached to.  How can I find out what
device it is?

I just had good results configuring a HP 3550 color laser printer by downloading the HPLIPS drivers from Sourceforge. They work perfectly while the HP stuff shipped with Fedora failed to work at all. Includes a tool that will scan your USB and Network and report any printers that it discovers.

No RPMS, but the source builds and installs perfectly under FC3.

John