Re: documentation on network install

Stuart Sears wrote:

On Thursday 28 April 2005 17:22, Stuart Sears wrote:

On Thursday 28 April 2005 15:20, Richard Ramson wrote:

Where can I find documentation on installing Fedora Core 3 using a
network install instead of the cd? Any help would be appreciated?

The redhat documentation would probably cover this:
http://www.redhat.com/docs (look at the docs for Red Hat Enterprise linux,
as it is based on Fedora Core)

but setting up a network installserver and using it is really easy...
do the following:
decide how you wish to install (http, ftp or nfs)
copy the 'Fedora' directory from all of your CDs to a directory on your
install server (I use /var/ftp/pub) - making sure that you copy the Fedora
directory as well as its contents.
share the directory *containing* the 'Fedora' directory by you chosen
method (in my case /var/ftp/pub is shared both by NFS and ftp)
boot from CD1 and type
linux askmethod
choose the correct installation method when prompted
...and Bob's your uncle (as my parents used to say)

oh and when asked., point the installer at the directory above Fedora on your server - ie in my case, over ftp
pub/
and over NFS
/var/ftp/pub

Stuart

how about a documentery on network install?

(in the voice of the guy from the lives of the rich and famous::"

yes the age of the computer is a faascinating one, filled with ups and downs and downs and ups today we will visit a modern computer user as he chronicals the exciting world of network installations.