Re: More Samba Annoyances

On 4/25/05, Richard Crawford <rscrawford@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Samba 3 is running fine on my Samba 3 box.  I have several shares defined,
> which I can get to just fine from my FC3 laptop and my FC3 desktop.  However,
> I can't get to them at all from Windoze XP; the shares do not show up at all,
> and I can't get to them by typing in the path.  Here is part of my smb.conf
> file:

Are the Samba shrares listed in the DNS server on your LAN?  Can you nslookup the Samba resource name from the XP box?  If not, add the entry to the XP host file, just to test, resolve the DNS issue later.

Can you map to it by IP/resource?

XP firewall is off correct, I assume you may have SP2 installed?