Re: FC4 T2 and Dell M70

You might want to try the "testers" list rather than this list, since you are using FC4 T2.

Peace,
William

Jamie Bohr wrote:

Has any one had luck installing Fedora (3 or 4) on a Dell M70 laptop? I just got one and wiped Window out first thing. I was quite disappointed to learn sound and wireless were not supported out in FC4. The audio is AC97 and the wireless is a Intel PRO/Wireless 2915 a/b/g. I have searched the Internet and found where other users were able to get Suse or Ubuntu installled will little trouble. I have Fedora 4 T2 installed. No sound, I am still searching the Internet to get this addressed. The wireless is very weird though. The system does not see the built in wireless card at all. When I insert my old Xircom wireless card the builtin Intel shows up - what's up with that? My Xircom is not even listed. I have down loaded the drivers from Intel and installed as indicated, still not luck.

My quesion is this, why does the builtin wireless card not show up until I put my old Xircom card? Also why does the Xircom no work? I am downloading the Suse live CD to see what happens. I would rather stick with Fedora if I can get it to work with little effort. I realize FC4 is still in testing so if I need to file a bug report I will.

Thank you,
    Jamie Bohr