Re: Samba Printing Woes

Richard Crawford wrote / ha scritto on /il 24/04/2005 17:20:

On Sunday 24 April 2005 07:59, Antonio Montagnani wrote:

Unfortunately, I can't get the printer -- my sturdy, reliable HP 712C --
to be seen in Samba.  When I st up the printer locally on the server, it
works just fine, and prints test pages beautifully.  However, I'm having
no luck at all sharing out the printer via Samba.

Here is the Samba information from the printer, generated by SWAT:

[Fluffy]
      path = /var/spool/samba
      guest ok = Yes
      printable = Yes
      browseable = Yes

This configuration worked perfectly under RH8, which was running Samba 2.
The new server runs Samba 3, but I can't find anything on Google which
would indicate that anything needs to be changed.

I'm at my wit's end, and I need to print up some documents.  What am I
doing wrong?

This is my samba.conf file, and printer works on my network...I guess
thet you didn't uncomment the raw printing lines in mime.convs and
mime.types file in /etc/samba directory.

Hm. The /etc/samba directory on this computer has neither mime.types nor mime.convs files.

My mistake .
Directory is /ect/cups.
Sorry

--