[off topic: windows] asus wl-330g configuration utility

I had three partitions, NTFS, FAT32 and ext3 (linux Fedora Core 3, no swap).  I deleted the NTFS and FAT32 partitions, then formated the free space as FAT32 and installed win2k.  After rebooting a menu appeared, showing two different "Windows 2000 Professional" options.  Next I inserted the Fedora rescue-cd and issued the following commands, IIRC:
"chroot /mnt/sysimage" and "grub-install /hda".  On reboot Grub shows just two options, linux and unknown (windows) as expected.

for my 802.11b connection I use:
<http://usa.asus.com/products/communication/wireless/wl-330g/overview.HTM>

Originally, the device was configured using the cd, from windows, long ago.  After configuring the adapter in windows, it works fine in linux.  However, the internet doesn't work from windows.  Running the configuration utility from windows just gives a "no device found" error, IIRC.  It's possible to configure the adapter with a browser.  however, why won't the asus cd work?

thanks,

Thufir

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org