FC3 recognizing Marvell Yukon 88E8053 On Board Ethernet

I have a nice new Asus motherboard and have easily installed FC3.  However hiccup number one is that the aforementioned Ethernet card is not recognized and I can not seem to get any hardware configurator I try to recognize it.  The hardware browser is blind to this PCI-E chip.  The adapter shows up in an lspci but that is about it.  The driver is supposed to be SK98lin but it is never auto loaded.  When I modprobe it I can detect no response or life for an ethx of any kind in /proc/network/sk98lin.  My FC3 (2.6.9-1.667) seems to have V6.23 sk98lin driver while the Marvel website has a V8.16 version.  I suspect, however that getting a newer version driver may not do much.  Can anyone give me any easier way to get this driver going without having to do the k-compile thing (which you might guess, is tedious without www connectivity)