Re: To Change Screen Resolution

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Jim Cornette wrote:
> >>=======================================================================
> >>I'm wearing PAMPERS!!
> >>-------------------------------------------
> >>Aaron Konstam
> >>Computer Science
> >>Trinity University
> >>One Trinity Place.
> >>San Antonio, TX 78212-7200
> >>
> >>telephone: (210)-999-7484
> >>email:akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx

Why was this quoted?

> If you want to use the tools that come with Fedora, go to system
> settings  and then the display choice. You will be asked for the root
> (admin) password to launch the program.
> Once the program comes up, you will have displayed what your video card
> and your monitor is selected as.
> If your video card is recognized properly, it will display what type of
> card you are using. If so, the display selection could be your problem.
> Go to the hardware tab and click on the display button. If you have an
> LCD or if you have a CRT type display, select the appropriate choice.
> When you click either selection, it should expand to show different
> resolutions. Choose the resolution that the display is capable of.
> 1024x768 or whatever the monitor can handle.
> After you complete this process and save the choices that you made,
> these screen resolutions should now be avaiilasble under preferences
> -->> Screen Resolution.

It's worth noting that some choices might result in no-square pixels.
800:600 = 1024:768 = 640:480 = 4:3
1280:1024 = 5:4

There seems to be an epidemic of things
that should have been trimmed but weren't.

--
Mike   hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES.  *I* ONLY TURN UP ONCE."  --  Death