Re: My DNS IP Addresses

On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 03:51:32 -0400,
  "William M. Quarles" <quarlewm@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2.  Speaking of which, is there a way that I can directly query a DNS
> for IP address of a domain and vice versa?

I missed the vice versa part of your question. There isn't a real inverse
lookup function for seeing which domains point to an IP address. There
is no practical way to do this. What people do instead is use PTR records
to point from IP addresses to domain names. However there isn't a one to
one relation between A records and PTR records that is enforced.

If you have an IP address 1.2.3.4, then the PTR records for
4.3.2.1.in-addr.arpa are supposed to any A records that point to 1.2.3.4.