Re: Gnome CD player skips during playback

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 08:33:30PM -0500, Anthony Dean wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about this:
> When playing CDs using the Gnome CD player (in FC3), the sound skips
> through the whole track, with only extremely short snippets (one or two
> seconds at a time tops) playing before it gets to the end of the track.
>
> The same CDs play fine in KsCD and Grip, but was wondering how to fix
> this in Gnome CD (yes, there's an audio cable between the CD drive and
> the motherboard---I put it there myself).
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix it?
>
> Anthony
I find that the Gnome CD player is almost useless on many hardware
systems I have to use it on. On some it does what you report , on
others it plays only one track and stops. I have ignored it and used
grip as the default CD playing program in Gnome with good results.
You can't go home again, unless you set $HOME.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.