Re: Upgrading to GNOME 2.10?

David Cary Hart wrote:

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 21:57 -0400, R L wrote:

If I have Fedora 3 and want to upgrade GNOME to 2.10, how would I do
that? I thought I would be able to do that through yum, but I have
yet to see that included in a yum update. Will gnome 2.10 eventually
make it to the reprositories or do I have to do it myself?

It's in rawhide but I suspect that the dependencies will make it
tedious. Gnome apps tend to compile easily from source if you feel
compelled to have it.

The development tree is targetted towards testers and is not a recommended means of getting the latest bits of software you require. Even if you decide to pull SRPMS and rebuild them on a suitable system it would require considerable expertise to turn off debugging options and fix all kind of issues that you might run into.

regards
Rahul