Re: NEC Chipset cardbus USB2 card not working in high speed mode - SOLVED

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:28:17 -0500
Charles E Taylor IV <tomalek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> System:
> -------
> Thinkpad X22
> Fedora Core 3
> Kernel 2.6.9-1.698_FC3

> Problem:
> --------
> I've got a Dynex USB2 cardbus card (NEC chipset) that works at high
> speed under Fedora Core 1.  However, under Fedora Core 3, I can't get
> high speed working - which means I can't use my newer CDRW drive, as it
> wants to communicate at a minimum of 8X for burning CDRs.

[snip]

>dmesg:
>ehci_hcd 0000:03:00.2: fatal error
>ehci_hcd 0000:03:00.2: HC died; cleaning up

At long last, this problem is solved by the 2.6.11-1.14_FC3 kernel update
that was issued recently.  Dynex USB2 card owners (and maybe everyone with
an NEC-based USB2 card?) can finally use their devices at high speed.
(The problem persisted through every FC3 kernel until now.)

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/