Re: Printer configuration -

On Apr 21, 2005, at 2:46 AM, John Wendel wrote:

I'm having no luck setting up an HP 3550 color laserjet. This is a cheap P.O.S. that doesn't support postscript, so it needs to use a rasterizer, like ghostscript.

I ran the printer configuration utility and didn't find HP 3550 in the list of printers, bad sign. So I went to linuxprinting.org, checked the specs that said the printer works perfectly, and downloaded a PPD file. After installing the PPD, the printer showed up in the config list.

John,

How did you install the ppd so that it showed up on the config list. I have several HP ppds to add as well as some LEXMarc ppds.

John Wendel