no more power off with kernel-smp-2.6.11-1.14_FC3

Hi,

since the kernel upgrade to 2.6.11-1.14_FC3 my motherboard doesn't turn
the power off after the shutdown processus.

the runlevel shuts down all the daemons, turns off the disks but the
power still remain on the motherboard, so that you have no display, no
working mouse or keyboard, no spinning disk, just the ATX power and the
motherboard with power on but the machine seems dead.

pressing the power button doesn't change a thing, even if you press it
for one minute...

tryed to use acpi=force at boot time, no change

tryed to toggle enable/disable the "ACPI v2.0 support" in my motherboard
bios settings, no change

the same happens if you shutdown with the gnome panel menu Shutdown or
press once the power button, the runlevel runs fine but power remains at
the end.

The only thing to do is to put the power cord out, or use the I/O switch
at the rear of the ATX power supply.

Everything was fine since fedora core 2 and all its kernel upgrade and
fedora core 3 upon 2.6.10-1.770_FC3.

For information my motherboard is a Tyan Tiger K8W, more at
http://www.tyan.com/products/html/tigerk8w.html

I am ready to make some tests or give more informations if needed.

--
tranchemer stephane <stephane.tranchemer@xxxxxxxxxx>
puldv