Re: Creating sendmail.cf from sendmail.mc

Mark Sargent wrote:
Hi All,

am embarking on learning sendmail and this page,
http://www.feep.net/sendmail/tutorial/config/generate-cf-from-mc.html
says to run this command,
Run this command:
m4 ../m4/cf.m4 filename.mc > sendmail.cf
(Of course, replace filename.mc with the name of your file.)
But, FC3 doesn't seem to have a cf/cf dir anywhere. I see that the sendmail.cf and .mc files are contained in /etc/mail. What command is needed to make a new .cf from the .mc I adjusted.? Cheers.

Install sendmail-cf package. Also, default sendmail.mc file as distributed in FC (and all other Red Hat distributions) already includes cf.m4, so you don't need to include it from command line. "m4 sendmail.mc > sendmail.cf" will do the job. If you rebuilt your sendmail.mc from scratch and don't have include statement for cf.m4 in it, than of course you'll need to include it from command line as described in the tutorial.

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited