Re: postfix and squirrelmail with sasldb2

On 4/10/05, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am So, den 10.04.2005 schrieb Ankush Grover um 13:03:
>
> >  I want to configure postfix.I have 2 catch all mailboxes with 2 different
> > ISPs.I want to configure postfix in such a way that it should be able
> > to handle mails for
> > both the domains like nextegen.com and sunupdelhi.net.Now the problem is that
> > both the accounts require authentication with the ISP's mail server.
> >
> > I have configure postfix with smtp_sasl_auth_enable and other
> > configurations are also done for one account.But I am not too sure how
> > to handle the second account.
> >
> > Suppose there is a user john having mail account on the local mail
> > server.Whenever he
> > sends the mails to the outside world the local mailserver should
> > contact or authenticate to the ISP's mail server to send the mail
> > doing so  prevents the mail accounts going into the spam list. Now the
> > problem is that how to handle the 2 accounts as both requires
> > authentication.
>
> Postfix hasn't this capability. Either use Sendmail or Exim.

hey,

thanks for the earlier reply ,but now I am facing some other problem.I
have configured local postfix mail server to authenticate the ISP's
mail server for sending mails.This time I am testing for only one
account But when i tested it  the ISP mailserver rejected my mail
saying the relaying is not allowed and IP address may be forged.I am
attaching my main.cf with this email.Please have a look at it and tell
me what wrong I am doing and how to rectify it.I am using sasldb2 and
i have added some users in sasldb2 like john and john is trying to
send the mail.

I am using virtual domains ,i have created users on the mail server
and i want to test the mail server by sending  some mails to some
other accounts like ankush174@xxxxxxxxx but the ISP mail server is not
allowing that.

The entry for the sasl_passwd is    mail@xxxxxx :password(this is a
catchall mailbox).

This is first time I am configuring any mail server so i need some
help from folks like you.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush