Re: Commanding rc.local not to run at boot..possible.?

Mark Sargent wrote:

Hi All,

have a script in rc.local that hangs the machine at boot(I was seeing if the system here at home would do the same as my work PC, which it did, unfortunately). How can I instruct the boot process not to process rc.local. Is it possible from the command line to do this, and could you tell me what the command would be.? Knoppix3.7 doesn't recognize LVM, so I can't mount the partition and make a change to rc.local and booting with telinit 3 still gets the hang. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.

I just went through this, and reading through the posts, I'm surprised no one mentioned this:
Right after the kernel is unpacked in the beginning of boot, you get a dialogue telling you to press 'I' for interactive mode. Do that, and each command in the bootup gives you a Y/N dialogue. rc.local should be the very last command, and it will say something like 'start local? Y|N' pressing N will bypass rc.local.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA