RE: beginners guide to cvs?

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, Brian Gaynor wrote:

-----Original Message-----
I'm trying to start using cvs with some latex files that I'm
working with and
I'm rapidly getting nowhere. Can anyone suggest some
idiots/dummies guide to
using cervisia to enable me to get started and working with
it please?

Have you thought about using Subversion instead? It ships with FC3 and is very cvs-like, only better. The full contents of the O'Reilly Subversion book available for download at their website at http://subversion.tigris.org.

Also consider darcs. It is easy to install (I believe FC3 has a yum package) and to use.

	http://abridgegame.org/darcs/

Regards, Itay

itayf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  /  +1 (206) 543 9040  /  U of Washington