FC3 install - GUI display size

I'm trying to install FC3 on my laptop and I've run into a small issue.
The display can support a screen resolution of up to 1024x768, but if I
try to use the GUI installer, it looks like the resolution is being set to
something where the height is larger than the width: the display does not
fill up screen on the right side, but the bottom of the image is not
visible (the image appears to extend below the bottom of my display).

I bailed out of the GUI install and use the text mode install, chose to
install the personal workstation, and the install was successfull.  That
is until it rebooted and started the post-install process.  I then get the
GUI again with the bottom part of the image chopped off.  Since that is
where the control buttons seem to be, I can't get past the license
agreement page (can't see what needs to be input there).

Any ideas as to what settings the GUI is using by default and how I can
reconfigure to something that my display can handle?

Thanks

    /dwight

--
Dwight N. Tovey