Re: LVM partitions on ax external USB HD

Antonio Montagnani wrote:
I tried to install Fedora on an external USB HD.
Of course booting from it didn't work.
On the disk there are an ext3 partition /boot and a LVM partition
If I connect the HD to a PC as USB device it is correctly mounted but I see only the ext3 partition.
How can I see also the LVM???

Tnx

From an earlier posting someone suggested to run the following commands to activate and later deactivate LVM volumes in rescue mode. I used these commands on an external USB drive to get at data from a previous installation and it worked. You might be able to get at your data in this way.
Jim

Excerpt from earlier help.
Once booted into text-mode rescue, invoke the following commands:

lvm lvscan
lvm vgchange -ay

This will scan for all LVM volumes and then will make them active and accessible.

lvm vgchange -an

will deactivate them all.