RE: Questions concerning Security Log

I would disagree a bit. Denying access after a small number of unsuccessful
logons effectively reduces the bandwidth of anyone attempting a brute force
attack, script kiddie or pro. Changing ports may hide you from script
kiddies but not from a pro.

In addition the need to support users of various skill levels and additional
services that may rely on SSH (SFTP, SVN) and changing ports becomes a
support mess.

Probably the most secure is to use certificates, but this can be a headache
if you have lots of users.

Brian