Re: What is the official/semi-official positon of Fedora on KDE?

I don't use KDE very often as I'm more of a XFce fan but sometimes
it's handy to switch in order to help answer questions like this.

> What is the official/semi-official positon of Fedora on KDE? I
> ask this because from a previous thread I came under the
> impression that Fedora didn't care too much:

I've not seen any statements by anyone that indicates one particular
desktop over another.  I suppose you could make a case that KDE and
GNOME are the preferred desktops if you believe that remaining in
the core distribution, as opposed to being moved to extras,
indicates any preference.

> -> no easy ability to select KDE and primary desktop environment

Whenever I log in to the GUI interface I am presented with a
"sessions" button where I can switch between:

1. GNOME
2. Default System Session
3. KDE
4. xfce session
5. failsafe terminal

and choosing one for the login session will display another option
box, as I log in, to allow me to make my choice the default login.

> I kinda like Fedora. But I also like KDE. So I just like to know
> the position held by Fedora, so I can decide not to depend on
> them for things KDE. I hear the kde-redhat project is very good.

If kde-redhat offering has things that you want and the regular
distribution does not, I'm not sure I understand why will it matter
what someone else thinks?  You can always request a feature via
bugzilla and the worst that can happen is the assigned developers
will say no, but they won't know your desire until you ask.

Regards, Mike Klinke