Re: tiff to pdf in bulk

Chris Grau wrote:
On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 19:18 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:

I have a substantial amount of scanned tiff files that I would like to do in bulk vs one file at a time. I don't usually do any scripting and
would like to know where I would find out how to do this for creating the files all at once.

Pointing to samples would be fine or man or info pages related to creating file.pdf from file.tif would be helpful.

If you have the libtiff RPM installed (and you probably do), you could
whip up a quick one-liner (in bash):

for i in *.tif; do tiff2pdf $i > `basename $i .tif`.pdf; done

I don't know what the quality is like.  I just ran a quick test to see
if such a program existed.  Hope that helps.

-chris

Thanks! The quality of the tiff files is poor, so degradation is not a large concern. I checked a few converted files using tiff2pdf on a one file at a time and the degradation was not an issue.

This one liner will do what I want to do.

Jim

-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759